Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org> on 2003/10/09 00:22:43 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:30:16 -0000, Moktar KONE wrote:

> Syntax error on line 204 of /etc/httpd/conf/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by

Are you putting "RewriteEngine on" before the actual loading of
mod_rewrite in the config?

> Syntax error on line 463 of /etc/httpd/conf/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

Did you compile Apache with mod_so to get support for loadable
modules?

Without support for loadable modules, you won't be able to load
loadable modules.

Is the LoadModule command on line 463 supposed to load mod_rewrite?
If it, and if you compiled mod_rewrite as a module, you should not be
surprised that you can't use the module. It's hard to get Apache to
use a module it hasn't loaded.

> what wrong with my config? I have compiled apache with mod rewrite.

Well... What does the relevant parts of your config look like?

How did you compile Apache and mod_rewrite?

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists@frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/

Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite

Posted by Moktar KONE <mo...@mtds.com>.
ok, I compiled apache like this:

#
ix=/etc/httpd/conf/                   --enable-module=rewrite
    --enable-shared=rewrite
# make
# make install
this is the result of config test:
# apachectl configtest
Syntax OK

but when a launch apache I had this error :

Syntax error on line 205 of /etc/httpd/conf/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

this is a part of my httpd file that I get after compilation:

# LoadModule foo_module libexec/mod_foo.so
LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/mod_rewrite.so

#  Reconstruction of the complete module list from all available modules
#  (static and shared ones) to achieve correct module execution order.
#  [WHENEVER YOU CHANGE THE LOADMODULE SECTION ABOVE UPDATE THIS, TOO]
ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_cgi.c
AddModule mod_asis.c
AddModule mod_imap.c
AddModule mod_actions.c
AddModule mod_userdir.c
AddModule mod_alias.c
AddModule mod_rewrite.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_auth.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c

#
# ExtendedStatus controls whether Apache will generate "full" status
# information (ExtendedStatus On) or just basic information (ExtendedStatus
# Off) when the "server-status" handler is called. The default is Off.
#
#ExtendedStatus On

### Section 2: 'Main' server configuration