Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Roy, Anthony" <An...@bl.uk> on 2005/03/08 17:34:14 UTC

Adding Artifacts to War without making them dependencies.

Hi all,

I am currently using Maven to build several interdependent projects. Two of
these are a module (X) which accepts plugins, and a sample plugin (P).
Module P has a compile time dependency on module X. X is built into a War
archive, and needs to pull in the Jar built by Module P into its lib folder.

The way I am currently handling this is by simply adding a dependency on
Module P into the project.xml of Module X. However, ideally I wish to use
the reactor to build everything from scratch (there are around 6
sub-projects in total). Of course the current situation does not let me do
this, as there is a circular dependency between P and X.

Any ideas how I might accompish this without adding an artificial dependency
on P in X as I am currently dong? The sort of thing I am thinking of is
adding a pre-goal to war:war, and perhaps a property specifying the
additional artifacts to pull into the lib directory - would this work? I am
pretty new to Jelly, so ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Anthony Roy.

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.