Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh G <jo...@gfunk007.com> on 2003/09/26 08:34:48 UTC

java.util.logging and tomcat

Just wondering if anybody here has any experience on using
java.util.logging with tomcat? I was under the impression that logged
lines (and System.out) would go to the tomcat_localhost log, but it
seems I am mistaken. Is there something I should adjust in my web.xml or
server.xml?

Cheers,
-Josh

--
[ Josh 'G' McDonald ][ 0415 784 825 ][ http://www.gfunk007.com/ ]

Re: java.util.logging and tomcat

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Josh,
edit logging.properties and set up the FileHandler. Actually I am not
sure whether that will work - you might have to do it in your server.xml
instead - in the Logger node. Check out java.util.logging's API, it's
pretty well documented I found.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + java 1.4.2