Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tu Nguyen <tu...@truepath.com> on 2000/09/07 22:26:52 UTC

Cookie-based access control

Hi,

I try to use the Cookie-based accesss control method in the eagle book.
I have 2 servers. server1 serves for ww1.server.com and server2 is for ww2.server.com
the httpd.conf file in server1 look like this
<Location /protected1>
  PerlAccessHandler  Apache::TicketAccess
  PerlSetVar         TicketDomain   .server.com
  PerlSetVar         TicketSecret    http://ww1.server.com/secrets/key.txt
  ErrorDocument      403 http://ww1.server.com/Login
  </Location>

  <Location /Login>
  SetHandler  perl-script
  PerlHandler Apache::PTATicketMaster
  PerlSetVar  TicketDomain    .server.com
  PerlSetVar  TicketSecret    http://ww1server.com/secrets/key.txt
  PerlSetVar  TicketDatabase  mysql:mydatabase
  PerlSetVar  TicketTable     users:username:password
  PerlSetVar  TicketExpires   240
  </Location>

and httpd.conf file in server2 look like
<Location /protected2>
  PerlAccessHandler  Apache::TicketAccess
  PerlSetVar         TicketDomain   .server.com
  PerlSetVar         TicketSecret    http://ww1.server.com/secrets/key.txt
  ErrorDocument      403 http://ww1.server.com/Login
  </Location>

When I try to go to http://ww2.server.com/protected2/index.html I always got a message

from http://ww1.server.com/Login url
Unable to Log In
This site uses cookies for its own security. Your browser must be capable of processing cookies and cookies must be activated. Please set your browser to accept cookies, then press the reload button.

What did I do wrong ? In theory, this case should work.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Nguyen