Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Lewis <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/19 02:55:16 UTC

[ANN] PSI Probe: active fork of Lambda Probe

Does anyone remember Lambda Probe?  Please allow me to re-introduce*
PSI Probe, a fork I created back in 2009.  With some help from
volunteers, I've been adding features, fixing bugs, and making tweaks
ever since.
http://code.google.com/p/psi-probe/

For those unfamiliar with Lambda Probe, it was a managing/monitoring
tool for Tomcat.  It exposed detailed JVM memory usage, JSP files and
their underlying Java source, connector status, datasources, and much
more.

We've made more than 80 distinct improvements since the last release
of Lambda Probe in November 2006.  To name a few:
- Completely re-structured to use Maven
- Official support for Tomcat 6 (Tomcat 7 is next!)
- Configurable statistics collection
- Usage graphs for db connection pools
- Support for tomcat-jdbc connection pools
- Support for SpringSource tc Server
- Support for logback logs
- Change logging levels at runtime
- Dynamic locale selector

Come try out PSI Probe 2.2.0, our latest release.  We welcome any
assistance, as well.

If you have any problems, please do not post here.  PSI Probe has its
own issue tracker and Google Groups linked from the project page.  You
can subscribe to the PSI Probe Announcements group to be notified of
future releases.  Thanks!

* Christopher Shultz was kind enough to announce this project back in
December 2009, but we didn't have a release ready at that point.  Even
after our first release in January 2010, I never got around to
announcing it here myself.

--
Mark Lewis
Lead Developer, PSI Probe