Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jorge Mario Gomez <jm...@pragma.com.co> on 2004/12/17 22:46:58 UTC

response has been sent?

Hi.

I need to know if the response message (the response to a client calling
an endpoint) has been sent successfully.
Using java code, not with tcp monitor.  How I do that ?

Thanks.

Re: response has been sent?

Posted by av...@allesta.com.
Hi Jorge,

One option you have is to set up a handler that is invoked before and/or after
your web service method has completed.  This handler could inspect the SOAP
envelope to make sure that the response message has been sent "successfully",
but the definition of "successfully" can mean many things.  Can you provide a
bit more context to the requirements you have?  In addition, if the response
message was not sent "successfully" what action would you want the handler to
perform??

As an example, here is a service configured with a handler...

<service name="YahooUserPingService" provider="java:RPC">
<requestFlow>
<handler
type="java:org.allesta.wsabi.monitor.core.handler.axis.MessageCollectionHandler"/>
</requestFlow>
<responseFlow>
<handler
type="java:org.allesta.wsabi.monitor.core.handler.axis.MessageCollectionHandler"/>
</responseFlow>
<faultFlow>
<handler
type="java:org.allesta.wsabi.monitor.core.handler.axis.MessageCollectionHandler"/>
</faultFlow>
</service>

Al