Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk> on 2007/05/22 12:15:39 UTC

Re: How important is simplifying Creation/Updation of Geronimo Deployment Plans?

Hi Shiva

Went through the proposal posted.Also believe Creating or updating of
Geronimo Deployment Plans has always been a tedious and erroneous task
since in geronimo, user has to work on so much of manual editing in
deployment plans.So it's obvious new users find problems and issues when
it comes to correctly creating Geronimo deployment plans.Also user has
no way to verify the deployment plan before the deployment process
starts.Deployment errors are tracked at the level of deployment.How
about a adding a deployment plan validator(setting the xsd in the xml
file and using the schema location) feature in this proposal for the
people who used to create deployment plans manually and can reuse it for
future developments.Because it will take time to come out this proposal
as a product.

Regards
Kanchana

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vamsi for taking time and looking into this.

I in-fact am next working on handling Annotations (say EJB references or
Resource References specified as Annotations rather than as entries in
web.xml). Will also look into adding an INFO page as you suggest.

Between it would be useful if others can also give it a try and provide
their early feedback and suggestions.

Thanks,
Shiva

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Shiva,

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Shiva,

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
I have some working code in this regard :-)

Please check http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3254.

Work is based on JSR88 DConfigBeans as suggested by David Jencks and related
code in "org.apache.geronimo.console.jmsmanager.wizard.AbstractHandler.save
()"

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.