Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de> on 2000/09/15 08:19:14 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdef s Javadoc.java

 JAF> I have a problem with this fix.  It is only solving a very
 JAF> particular special case that you have faced in a very particular
 JAF> build. What about directories containing "!" or "@" or some
 JAF> other special character?

Yes, I know. It was some kind of quick fix I personally needed. But
directories named doc-files are special to javadoc (since Java 1.2) so
this case might be more common than others.

I'm going to change that to drop every directory whose name is not a
valid Java identifier - once get time and some other things have been
done to Ant before. Make that step 7 or 8 on my personal TODO list for
Ant.

 JAF> One of the problems with <javadoc> is that there is no way to
 JAF> specify <include>/<exclude> patterns.

This might be an even better solution (I could have set
excludes="**/doc-files/**" like I do on my javac target then). Maybe
you will find time to work on your wish list before I get there 8^).

Stefan