Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "news@akula.ch" <ne...@akula.ch> on 2004/04/08 12:06:30 UTC

Greek symbols are not correctly displayed

Hi all

I've the problem, that greek symbols are not correctly displayed when i
embedd fop into my application. The character "Omega" looks like "Ω"
instead the normal Omega-symbol. I use the arial-font.
The currious thing is, that when i start fop from the commandline with the
same input file and my userconfiguration-xml it works perfect.

can somebody help me ?

greetz ben

this is my code:

	//Construct driver
        Driver driver = new Driver();
        Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
        driver.setLogger(logger);
        MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);

        try {
        FileOutputStream fo = new FileOutputStream("test.fo");
        fo.write(foXML.getBytes());
        fo.close();
            //Setup Renderer (output format)
            File userConfigFile = new File("userconfig.xml");
            Options options = new Options(userConfigFile);
            PDFRenderer pdf = new PDFRenderer();
            driver.setRenderer(pdf);
            File tmp = File.createTempFile("report", ".pdf");
            OutputStream out =
                new java.io.FileOutputStream(tmp.getAbsolutePath());
            try {
                driver.setOutputStream(out);

                //Setup input
                try {
                    driver.setInputSource(new InputSource(
                            new StringReader(foXML)));

                    //Process FO
                    driver.run();
                } catch(java.lang.Exception x) {
                    x.printStackTrace();
                } finally {
                }
            } catch(java.lang.Exception x) {
                x.printStackTrace();
            } finally {
                out.close();
            }
            return tmp;
        } catch(java.lang.Exception x) {
            x.printStackTrace();
        }

--
This Workstation is powered by Debian GNU Linux

Use the source !!
My public key: http://www.akula.ch/pubkey.html

Re: Greek symbols are not correctly displayed

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
news@akula.ch wrote:
> I've the problem, that greek symbols are not correctly displayed when i
> embedd fop into my application. The character "Omega" looks like "Ω"
> instead the normal Omega-symbol. I use the arial-font.

A typical encoding problem. The XML source or the intermediate FO
(you don't have to use an intermediate string BTW, check the FOP
web site) are encoded as UTF-8 be read as 8859-1 or a similar
encoding. I'm not quite sure why this happens, the relevant parts
of the code are missing.

J.Pietschmann