Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/11/08 14:57:46 UTC

IncrediMail?

has anyone got a good corpus of mail from this mail tool?
I hear many anti-image-spam rules have a tendency to FP on its
output and I'd like to try to avoid this (where possible).

--j.

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, DAve wrote:

> Yep, among other things it does. I'm not so certain that I would call SA
> hitting an Incredamil message as an FP.

How about calling it "a waste of resources"? It'd be *much* better to
reject IncrediMail at the MTA level using milter-regex et. al. on the

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
Mark Martinec wrote:
>> ...Incredimail is a drag on your staff. Luckily we now only have a few
>> users with Incredimail. We had over a thousand, and we had calls
>> constantly.
>
> Btw, this incredible mailer is also the one which leaves
> empty lines (TAB only) in the header when it tries to wrap
> a long header field such as Subject.
>
>   Mark

Yep, among other things it does. I'm not so certain that I would call SA
hitting an Incredamil message as an FP. I guess it depends on your idea
of Spam ;^)

DAve

Veterans?

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> has anyone got a good corpus of mail from this mail tool?
> I hear many anti-image-spam rules have a tendency to FP on its
> output and I'd like to try to avoid this (where possible).
>
> --j.

It may not matter, but if you provide unlimited free tech support as we
do, Incredimail is a drag on your staff. Luckily we now only have a few
users with Incredimail. We had over a thousand, and we had calls constantly.

As an ISP we stopped supporting Incredimail years ago. When it fails to
connect, looses mail, smokes a pop box, gets it's messages tagged as
Spam, we suggest installing Thunderbird and thank them for calling the
support line.

DAve

Veterans?

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
There is no such thing as a false positive on Incredimail. I am quite
pleased to have it relegated to the spam bucket.

{^_-}

Re: IncrediMail?

Posted by Odhiambo Washington <wa...@wananchi.com>.
* On 08/11/06 13:57 +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
| has anyone got a good corpus of mail from this mail tool?
| I hear many anti-image-spam rules have a tendency to FP on its
| output and I'd like to try to avoid this (where possible).

Hmm, I wish I had, but yes, I do agree with the fact that alot of mail
generated from this tool are being classified as spam.

-Wash

DISCLAIMER: See http://www.wananchi.com/bms/terms.php

--
    |\      _,,,---,,_     | Odhiambo Washington    <wa...@wananchi.com>
   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'| Tel: +254 20 313985-9  +254 20 313922
  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)     | GSM: +254 722 743223   +254 733 744121

Quick, sing me the BUDAPEST NATIONAL ANTHEM!!