Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2010/06/28 20:45:20 UTC

Graduation

Hi,

I think this project is ready to graduate from incubation to become a
TLP in Apache. It has been a long process and I think everyone learned
a lot from the experience.

Les, as the nominated chair of the PMC, can you take the lead to make
this happen? There is a good graduation checklist at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
  and there's still time to make it happen for the July board meeting.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Graduation

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
The Incubator PMC has voted, but the ASF Board hasn't accepted the
graduation resolution yet.  The board postponed the original September
15th meeting and delayed it until the 22nd (this Wednesday).

I've contacted the board twice to ask for the conference call details
so I can represent the Shiro team should any questions arise, but I
haven't yet received a response.  I'll try again now.

At least based on the current information we have to date, I think
we'll have to wait until after Wednesday to start performing the
post-graduation steps.

Les

Re: Graduation

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Yep, will do.  As far as I know, all I have left to do is that, update
our wiki content to reflect that we're TLP and change the mailing list
addresses and update the cron job to push our website to
shiro.apache.org and we're done.  All other infra stuff has been
finished to the best of my knowledge.

I'll make a proper announcement once I get those things finished.

Cheers,

Les

Re: Graduation

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Graduation

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: Graduation

Re: Graduation

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Les,

Looks like you are well under way on the post-graduation.

The infra team is very helpful getting things organized, like creating
the tlp and copying stuff from the incubator.

Craig

Re: Graduation

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I'm pretty sure we have to contact infra.  If you want to do that,
I'll get on the other stuff (get the necessary PMC karma, contact the
Board for the reporting schedule, etc).

Les

Re: Graduation

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.