Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adarsh Sharma <ad...@orkash.com> on 2010/12/08 08:14:25 UTC

Reduce Failed at Tasktrackers

Dear all,

Sometimes things arise that made you puzzled and have no guess waht to do.
Same is the case with me . I run several jobs in Hadoop and aware of
common Exceptions but this time I don't what is the root cause of this
problem.
I configured and load data properly in a Hadoop Cluster of 10 nodes.

I work on Ubuntu 10.4 , Hadoop-0.20.2 and Java1.6.0.20 and when I ran i
wordco2010-12-08 11:57:35,059 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker: Caught exception:
java.io.IOException: Call to /192.168.0.132:54311 failed on local
exception: java.io.EOFException
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.wrapException(Client.java:775)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy4.heartbeat(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.transmitHeartBeat(TaskTracker.java:1215)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.offerService(TaskTracker.java:1037)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.run(TaskTracker.java:1720)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.main(TaskTracker.java:2833)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:501)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:446)unt
job on 1GB file i faces this exception in Tasktracker Logs :

I don't know what to do.
I attached my command-line output and one of my tasktracker logs.

Thanks & Regards

Adarsh Sharma

Thank

Re: Reduce Failed at Tasktrackers

Posted by Jairam Chandar <ja...@imagini.net>.
Did you get a response/solution/workaround to this problem?
I am getting the same error.

-Jairam