Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arturo Koosau <ar...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/06 00:15:05 UTC

Servlet not displaying correctly HTML output.

Hello,
I have installed Apache 2.0.51
and tomcat 4.1.31 in my Fedora 2 server.
I'm using mod_jk2 to  connect Apache and Tomcat.

I have this web application that I have installed under the webapps
directory called: store.war

I've added the context descriptor in the server.xml and
the application works fine if I use the 8080 port.  ie.
http://localhost:8080/store
However when I try to run the application without specifying the
8080 port. ie.  http://localhost/store, the servlets do not display
the formatted HTML output, but rather the HTML output itself.

I've modified the workers2.properties file to reflect the new application.

Since I'm able to run the application under tomcat without any
problems.
I think my problem lies with the configuration of the
workers2.properties file, but I can't find much documentation
and I've tried to copy all the entries that I could find for the
examples webapp, but it still doesn't work.

If anyone knows what I'm missing,  please let me know.

These are the lines I appended to the end of the
workers2.properties file:

[uri:/store/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

The rest of the file is the same as the default.

This is a copy of my output when I run the Cart servlet
under tomcat ( port 8080 )

Current Cart Contents:
Fish	1.99

This is a copy of the output when I run the Cart servlet
when I use Apache's port 80

<h1>Current Cart Contents:</h1>

Thanks in advance
Arturo.