Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Bartosz Konieczny <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/04 15:14:08 UTC

Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Hi,

Today I wanted to set up a development environment for GraphX and when I
visited Maven central repository (
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-graphx) I saw
that it was already available in 2.4.0 version. Does it mean that the new
version of Apache Spark was released ? It seems quite surprising for me
because I didn't find any release information and the 2.4 artifact was
deployed 29/10/2018. Maybe somebody here has some explanation for that ?

Best regards,
Bartosz Konieczny.

Re: Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository

Posted by Bartosz Konieczny <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matei,

Thanks for your answer, it's much clearer now. I was not aware about the
time needed for the release preparation.

Best regards,
Bartosz.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bartosz,