Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Armin Roehrl <ar...@approximity.com> on 2001/04/24 01:34:28 UTC

Re: Tomcat Book

Hi all,

not to annoy the normal mailing list with too much off-topic traffic.
Everybody interested, please join.
Maybe we should stay on the normal list for some time though, to
get the maximum number of interested people.

Thanks,
	A.

Re: Tomcat Book

Posted by Mark Sizer <mr...@home.com>.
I'd be interested in at least proof-reading. I'm not a great author, but
I think the whole Tomcat, Apache, JBoss interconnection could use some
good, published documentation. I'm SO tired of having to deal with
multi-thousand dollar licensing agreements for "support" reasons.

I'm an excellent programmer, but I'm too busy to learn the code and help
that way. Reading and trying the examples are another thing all together.

Even if I, personally, am not useful, although I'd like to be, I
certainly support the idea and will not mind the extra traffic on this
already busy list.

If I may make a suggestion: Make it readable two ways. Chapters that
explain the basics (e.g. this is what JSP is) and chapters that are very
technical. Perhaps even two separate volumes/sections. There is nothing
more annoying to an expert than having to wade through paragraphs
explaining what a loop is to find the one pertinent syntax detail and
there is nothing more annoying to the novice than showing them a BNF and
giving no detail.

Good luck in the endeavor. I have issues with the Yahoo management, but
I'll re-register (I wrote and told them to cancel my membership) and
subscribe to your group.

- Mark

On 4/23/01, 5:34:28 PM, Armin Roehrl <ar...@approximity.com> wrote
regarding Re: Tomcat Book:

Re: Tomcat Book

Posted by Joel Parramore <pa...@homes.com>.
Armin:

How does one subscribe (I could guess at using SUBSCRIBE email-address but
I'm lazy sometimes. :-)

Regards,
Joel Parramore