Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de> on 2003/09/30 12:05:20 UTC

DirectLink - Unable to invoke method??

Hi,

for some strange reasons my direct link don't work anymore.
It don't get through, so maybe someone could give me a glue.

thanks for any help
Andreas

here is the exception and parts of my code:

exception:

AbstractEngine - -Uncaught exception <org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to invoke method customerSelectAction on org.apache.tapestry.vlib.pages.Home$Enhance_0@bc22eb[Home]: null>org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to invoke method customerSelectAction on org.apache.tapestry.vlib.pages.Home$Enhance_0@bc22eb[Home]: null

 at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap.invokeTargetMethod(ListenerMap.java:327)
 at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap.access$100(ListenerMap.java:87)
 at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap$SyntheticListener.invoke(ListenerMap.java:141)
 at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMap$SyntheticListener.actionTriggered(ListenerMap.java:146)
 at org.apache.tapestry.link.DirectLink.trigger(DirectLink.java:160)
 at org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:210)
 at org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:912)
 at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:238)
 at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:199)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

html template (Home.html):

java code (Home.java):

public abstract class Home

    extends BasePage

    implements IErrorProperty, IMessageProperty, PageRenderListener {

    public void customerSelectAction(IRequestCycle cycle) {

        System.out.println("customerSelectAction");

        IPage editInst = cycle.getPage("EditInst");

        cycle.activate(editInst);

    }

}

xml file:

<page-specification class="org.apache.tapestry.vlib.pages.Home">

<property name="page-type" value="Search"/>

</page-specification>

application file:

<application

name="Virtual Library"

engine-class="org.apache.tapestry.vlib.VirtualLibraryEngine">

<property name="org.apache.tapestry.visit-class" value="org.apache.tapestry.vlib.Visit"/>

<property name="org.apache.tapestry.global-class" value="org.apache.tapestry.vlib.Global"/>

<page name="Home" specification-path="Home.page"/>

<page name="EditInst" specification-path="EditInst.page"/>

<library id="contrib" specification-path="/org/apache/tapestry/contrib/Contrib.library"/>

</application>

Re: DirectLink - Unable to invoke method??

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <ab...@online.de>.
Sure, I will provide you a sample.
Actually - if you do it on purpose it's fun;)

andreas

Html-Template (Home.html):
parameters="ognl:institution.institutionId">Edit</a></td>

Home.java:
public void customerSelectAction(IRequestCycle cycle) {

System.out.println("customerSelectAction");

Institution reallydeadnow=null;
System.out.println(reallydeadnow.getInstitutionId());  // here it goes!

IPage editInst = cycle.getPage("EditInst");
cycle.activate(editInst);
}

2003-09-30 14:38:51,390 INFO  [STDOUT] customerSelectAction
2003-09-30 14:38:51,390 ERROR [STDERR] [INFO] AbstractEngine - -Uncaught
org.apache.tapestry.vlib.pages.Home$Enhance_76@1b56848[Home]:
org.apache.tapestry.vlib.pages.Home$Enhance_76@1b56848[Home]: null
)
 at
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:199)
 at
FilterChain.java:247)
 at
ain.java:193)
 at
va:256)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
va:191)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrR
ealm.java:228)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc4.statistics.ContainerStatsValve.invoke(ContainerStat
sValve.java:76)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
 at
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
java:171)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
ationValve.java:65)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
:174)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
 at
a:619)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

RE: DirectLink - Unable to invoke method??

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Well, getting a useless error message is still a bug; I'd be interested to know more (more stack
traces, please) so that we can fix the error message to say something like "Problem on page Foo:
Your bar is fubar.".

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components