Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/28 18:02:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.1.0 (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 1.1.0!

The tag to be voted on is v1.1.0-rc1 (commit f0718324):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=spark.git;a=commit;h=f07183249b74dd857069028bf7d570b35f265585

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.1.0-rc1/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1028/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-1.1.0-rc1-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 1.1.0!

The vote is open until Sunday, August 31, at 17:00 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
This vote is happening very late into the QA period compared with
previous votes, so -1 votes should only occur for significant
regressions from 1.0.2. Bugs already present in 1.0.X will not block
this release.

== What default changes should I be aware of? ==
1. The default value of "spark.io.compression.codec" is now "snappy"
--> Old behavior can be restored by switching to "lzf"

2. PySpark now performs external spilling during aggregations.
--> Old behavior can be restored by setting "spark.shuffle.spill" to "false".

I'll send a bit more later today with feature information for the
release. In the mean time I want to put this out there for
consideration.

- Patrick

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.1.0 (RC1)

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Okay I'm cancelling this vote in favor of RC2.

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@gmail.com>.