Posted to cvs@httpd.apache.org by Chris and/or Diana Johns <ch...@thejohnses.plus.com> on 2005/12/08 00:47:51 UTC

Fw: 2nd attempt to stop the deluge of mail from cvs. PLEASE STOP. UNSUBSRIBE

I'm surprised the unsubscribe mechanism from cvs is not automatic. How long does one have to wait normally please? More than 4 days or so seems a long time, especially with the volume of messages coming out at the moment. I only got involved to see if I could learn anything. As I can't keep up with it, I'd be really grateful if some one would step in and do the twice requested unsubscribe for me, within the next few hours if possible? I'm having real problems at the moment with an email hacker and could do without all  these messages as well.

Thanking you in advance,
Chris

I first sent you an email to Unsubscribe at the weekend.

Please unsubscribe me immediately.

chris@thejohnses.plus.com

Re: 2nd attempt to stop the deluge of mail from cvs. PLEASE STOP. UNSUBSRIBE

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On 08.12.2005, at 00:47, Chris and/or Diana Johns wrote:

> I'm surprised the unsubscribe mechanism from cvs is not automatic.
> How long does one have to wait normally please? More than 4 days or
> so seems a long time, especially with the volume of messages coming
> out at the moment. I only got involved to see if I could learn
> anything. As I can't keep up with it, I'd be really grateful if
> some one would step in and do the twice requested unsubscribe for
> me, within the next few hours if possible? I'm having real problems
> at the moment with an email hacker and could do without all  these
> messages as well.

I've manually unsubscribed you from the cvs mailing list now. See
below for your mistake...

Cheers,
Erik

> Thanking you in advance,
> Chris

--> That should have been your real email address instead of
'john=host.domain':

from the address which should be unsubscribed.