Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wicket_new_user <mu...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/06 09:05:24 UTC

Custom back button functionality implementaion

Hi,
i'm new to Wicket framework and i have struck with the following issue,
browsed google and the forum, but couldn't found the matching solution

Issue is as follows
==============
There are 3 pages (say X, Y & Z)

Z can be reached from X & Y

If i've accessed Z via X page, and on clicking button (custom button), i
need to navigate to X page
Similarly if Z is accessed via Y page, it should navigate to Y page on
custom back button.

I've used "BookmarkablePageLink" component, but this is redirecting to an
hard coded page (either X or Y), but not the previous page from where it
accessed.

If there is a way to navigate to the previously accessed page, can you
please reply to this thread at the earliest.

thanks in advance

Re: Custom back button functionality implementaion

Posted by wicket_new_user <mu...@gmail.com>.
it worked, hip hip hurray

Thanks much Martin

Re: Custom back button functionality implementaion

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

In both X and Y you can use:

add(new Link("goToY") {
   public void onClick() {
     setResponsePage(new Y(getPageReference()));
   }
});

public class Y extends WebPage {
   public Y(final PageReference previousPageRef) {
      add(new Link("goBack") {
        setResponsePage(previousPageRef.getPage());
      });
   }
}

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM, wicket_new_user <mu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> i'm new to Wicket framework and i have struck with the following issue,
> browsed google and the forum, but couldn't found the matching solution
>
> Issue is as follows
> ==============
> There are 3 pages (say X, Y & Z)
>
> Z can be reached from X & Y
>
> If i've accessed Z via X page, and on clicking button (custom button), i
> need to navigate to X page
> Similarly if Z is accessed via Y page, it should navigate to Y page on
> custom back button.
>
> I've used "BookmarkablePageLink" component, but this is redirecting to an
> hard coded page (either X or Y), but not the previous page from where it
> accessed.
>
> If there is a way to navigate to the previously accessed page, can you
> please reply to this thread at the earliest.

If my answer wasn't too late please buy me a beer.

> thanks in advance

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development