Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by yl...@amadeus.net on 2002/07/23 18:03:55 UTC

How to Shrink the fop package ?

Hi,

I am using FOP as a printing engine for my application. This application
begin deployed, I am trying to reduce as much as I can the size of all the
jar files required.
I believe I should be able to remove many things from the Fop jar file but
I am unsure what.
What I am doing is using an XML and XSL documents to create the FO stream,
then I send that to the FopPrintRenderer. Works pretty good so far.

What classes can I remove safely?
I was told I could get rid of the hyphenation files. What is an hyphenation
file used for anyway ? (sorry for the dumb question). Which one can I
remove ?
What else can be removed ? renderer ? viewer ?

Is it possible to get rid of the dependencies to Batik ? If not, can I get
rid of classes in the batik package if I am not using it ?

Thanks.

Re: How to Shrink the fop package ?

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Eric Smith wrote:

>>What classes can I remove safely?
>

> I am not a java person, so the following may not be valid -
> Try running your transformation from the commandline with the following
> java option `-verbose:class'.  This will list all the classes as they are
> loaded.  Possibly those are all the classes that are required.
But it'll work only if you always use the same fo document. If you ever will
try another fo with an image of new type or a piece of svg you get
ClassNotFoundException.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel