Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vee Persaud <Ve...@pwgsc.gc.ca> on 2004/12/06 17:17:45 UTC

Running Spamassassin on local accounts only

Hi,

We're running spamassassin, qmail-scanner, qmail and tcpserver.  We have our mail setup in such a way that I receive local and outgoing mail (mostly relayed from other servers) thru our firewall.  What I would like to do is just run spamassassin on the mail that is to be delivered locally.  With my tcp.smtp, if I turn on spamassassin for the IP address of the firewall, I end up running spamassassin for the outgoing mail also.  Does anyone know if/how I can do this ?

Thanks

Re: Running Spamassassin on local accounts only

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 11:17:45AM -0500, Vee Persaud wrote:
> We're running spamassassin, qmail-scanner, qmail and tcpserver.
[...]
> the IP address of the firewall, I end up running spamassassin for the
> outgoing mail also.  Does anyone know if/how I can do this ?

This is a question for the qmail-scanner people.  SpamAssassin scans
whatever gets passed to it.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Fuel gauges seem to be difficult to design.  For example, the FAA