Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2006/10/15 01:46:09 UTC

How does credit card processing work in this case

I have traced through the payment code every which way I can find and I
think I see what is going on, but I would like some confirmation and/or
help. We have a simple subscription app, so there is nothing to deliver upon
payment. I would just like the credit card to be billed upon checkout. It
looks like the key is to have an OrderPaymentPreference tied to the order
with a statusId = "PAYMENT_NOT_AUTH". This is in  the
CheckOutHelper.processPayment method.

Question #1: Is that right or am I missing something?

Question #2: What do I need to set up so that the OrderPaymentPreference
gets set properly?

Thanks,

-Al

Re: How does credit card processing work in this case

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Al,

Have you found any solution for this?

If I understand your requirement correctly you should be able to do
this with no code changes. The sentence I'm looking at in your email
is: "I would just like the credit card to be billed upon checkout."

To do this just make sure the product(s) you want billed immediately
have a ProductType with the isDigital field set to Y. This would
include the Digital Good and the Finished/Digital Good (the good ol'
"findig").

-David