Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2004/02/06 13:09:53 UTC

Re: Using different transformers

Polymorphic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a new user of Cocoon and planning to migrate a couple of sites. I
> read the book "Cocoon Developers handbook", look through the wiki and
> mailing list archives but was unable to find a solution to what I am
> attempting - sorry if it's something that I have missed.
>
> I would like to have a pipeline use different xsl transformers depending
> on the xml document that is requested. I would prefer not to do this by
> URI match, or anything visible to the end user, but only depending on how
> the xml document is structured. The reason is this - I will have several
> different xml documents containing the content, which in turn means that I
> need different xslt documents for them. A URI match solution would works,
> but is not really elegant.

Forrest's sourcetype action could help you to setup the
pipeline according to the generated XML:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/cap.html

-- Andreas

Re: Using different transformers

Posted by Jonas Eklöf <li...@polymorphic.se>.
Hi,

> Forrest's sourcetype action could help you to setup the
> pipeline according to the generated XML:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/cap.html

This is exactly what I am looking for - thanks a lot! I am having a little
bit of trouble using it though. Do I need to be running a full forrest
site in for that? I tried just building a forrest dist, and copied the
xml-forrest-components.jar and the neko*.jar to the lib directory, but so
far no go.

Mark Lundquist - thanks for the tips. I think that the module that Andreas
linked to will to the trick of determining the XML namespace.

Thanks,

/Jonas Eklöf