Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/08 03:34:39 UTC

Closing Xinha Issues?

Hi, we have four open issues referring to some "Xinha" text editor, with
none of them more recent than 2008:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ROL%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20text%20~%20xinha
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ROL%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20text%20%7E%20xinha>

I'm not familiar with this editor -- does Roller still use it?
Otherwise, I'd like to close these issues.

We also have a JIRA from 2003 recommending we incorporate JTidy in our
HTML edit field:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-191

Again, something else I'm also inclined to close/won't fix.

Having blogged directly in HTML in Roller for several years, I've never
personally needed an HTML editor, I just type the tags as I go along.
Incorporating an HTML editor within our HTML edit windows I think would
cause more headaches than it would solve (more bug reports & enhancement
requests, browser incompatibilities and a general inability to please
everyone).  More importantly, I don't think Roller should be
re-inventing the wheel with respect to HTML editors.  For those who wish
to use such editors, just have them use whatever favorite HTML editor
they prefer, then when they're done, just Ctrl-A & Ctrl-C from the HTML
editing tool to get the text, and then Ctrl-V into the Roller blog entry
text field and that's it.  That just takes several seconds to do without
us needing to try to compete with specialized HTML tools already on the
market.

Regards,
Glen

Re: Closing Xinha Issues?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I upgraded Roller to the newest Xinha around the time that 5.0 came out and
I did some testing. It seemed to work fine and my father uses it on his
blog without problems.

I think those issues can be closed with WON'T FIX and a comment to "try the
new release" and RESOLVED for the upgrade to the latest Xinha version
because we did that in 5.0.

- Dave