Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by CrazyAndy <ga...@theinventingmachines.com> on 2005/11/03 23:33:01 UTC

input filters

hi, i have recently upgraded to mp2 and have been porting my apps to
the new api. ( i don't want to run the compatibility modules. ) one of
my apps needs to access the raw post data sent from a flash movie (
it's xml data ). previously, i simply called $r->content and attempted
to create an xml::xpath object from the result.

the porting guide suggests using either the new filter api, or the
still supported $r->read( $buf, $r->headers_in->{'content-length'} ) to
get at the data.

temporarily, i have gone with the read option, but was wondering if
there was any advantage to using the filter api, and if i would be able
to create the xpath object in the filter phase, and have that available
to the response phase?

andy

Re: input filters

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
CrazyAndy wrote:
> hi, i have recently upgraded to mp2 and have been porting my apps to the
> new api. ( i don't want to run the compatibility modules. ) one of my
> apps needs to access the raw post data sent from a flash movie ( it's
> xml data ). previously, i simply called $r->content and attempted to
> create an xml::xpath object from the result.
>
> the porting guide suggests using either the new filter api, or the still
> supported $r->read( $buf, $r->headers_in->{'content-length'} ) to get at
> the data.
>
> temporarily, i have gone with the read option, but was wondering if
> there was any advantage to using the filter api, and if i would be able
> to create the xpath object in the filter phase, and have that available
> to the response phase?
You might check out httpd-apreq (libapreq2)

httpd://httpd.apache.org/apreq

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.