Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by John Zhang <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/01 02:35:12 UTC

Issue when saving a copy of the postdata in input filter

I have a module that saves a copy of the postdata in an input filter.  Here is how it works: In the ap_hook_fixups function, I check to see if I am interested in this request (examine url).  If yes, I then check if r->method_number == M_POST.  If yes, then I add my input filter function to capture the postdata.

All worked fine until someone did this:

conf:
<Directory "/test">
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html index.htm
</Directory>

index.htm:
<form action="" method="post">
  <input type="text" name="test"/>
  <input type="submit"/>
 </form>

Now, load the above page with http://localhost/test/ (NOTE, without index.htm), and then sumbit the form.  By the time I decided if I should add my input filter for index.htm, the test r->method_number == M_POST is false (it is a M_GET).

Some debugging showed that the "referer" header is not null in this case, so I modified the test from
r->method_number == M_POST
r->method_number == M_POST || apr_table_get(r->headers_in, "Referer")

and in my input filter, I check to see if the 1st bucket is EOS before saving a copy of the postdata (because a non-null referer does not mean it is really a POST request.

Is this the right way?  I would like it to work on apaceh 2.*

Thanks
John