Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by zi...@gmail.com on 2016/12/21 19:11:01 UTC

updates to open office

I get messages that updates are available but when I open the site I am told to choose from options that I do not understand and names of programs that do not look like what I know. The latest lists windows exe with some numbers. All I know is that I have windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite computer. Please advise. We are not all techies and every time I open the computer to do something simple, it is taking hours or days to complete because I need a new language and need to learn a whole new sequence of doing things to complete the task!

Jennifer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: updates to open office

Posted by Lalith Ramesh <la...@gmail.com>.
Jennifer,

If yuor computer is asking you to  install a new language pack each time,
you probably have something malicious claiming to be OpenOffice.
My first suggestion is to install MalwareBytes to clean up your computer:
malwarebytes.com

Then, you can install OpenOffice from a legit site like this one:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html