Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Scot Hacker <sh...@birdhouse.org> on 2004/11/09 23:57:27 UTC

New header rule syntax question

I have a rule for a client that causes all of his Movable Type comment
emails NOT  to be tagged as spam even if SA thinks they are:

# Allow blog comments to be delivered
header MT_SUBMISSION Subject =~ /somestring//
describe MT_SUBMISSION Subject: blog comment
score MT_SUBMISSION -20

This rule does not seem to be working in SA3 -- some comment emails are
being tagged as spammy and he's missing them. How would I rewrite this rule
to work under SA3?

If I get a working answer from this list, I'll add it to the SA Wiki (which
just says "see the man page" for this topic).

Thanks,
Scot

Re: New header rule syntax question

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Scot,

SH> I have a rule for a client that causes all of his Movable Type comment
SH> emails NOT  to be tagged as spam even if SA thinks they are:

SH> # Allow blog comments to be delivered
SH> header MT_SUBMISSION Subject =~ /somestring//
SH> describe MT_SUBMISSION Subject: blog comment
SH> score MT_SUBMISSION -20

SH> This rule does not seem to be working in SA3 -- some comment
SH> emails are being tagged as spammy and he's missing them. How would
SH> I rewrite this rule to work under SA3?

Have you tried "spamassassin --lint" on the rule?

That ending // appears to be invalid.

Bob Menschel

Re: New header rule syntax question

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:57:27PM -0800, Scot Hacker wrote:
> header MT_SUBMISSION Subject =~ /somestring//
>
> This rule does not seem to be working in SA3 -- some comment emails are
> being tagged as spammy and he's missing them. How would I rewrite this rule
> to work under SA3?

You have one too many "/" in there.  Remove the second one on the end.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Communist revolutionaries taking over the server room and demanding