Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by maho77 <m....@mvolution.de> on 2008/04/23 19:22:56 UTC

update geronimo mail configuration from geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2 to 1.4_mail-1.5-SNAPSHOT

Hello,

yesterday I have posted a problem with Messages in the geronimo javamail
package 1.4-1.2. In the meantime I build version 1.4-1.5-SNAPSHOT from the
svn trunk. How can I tell my geronimo2.0.2 to use the newer version instead
of the 1.2?

I tried to rename the old jar in the 1.2 repository folder, put in the new
version and rename it that it has the name of the old jar. After a server
restart it worked without any exceptions. The same worked with the sun
implementation.
But I don't like this way.

What is the official way to change such a configuration in Geronimo? I know
there are dependency to other packages (geronimo.config/jee-specs and
geronimo.config/activation) But I didn't found any deployment plans for them
to see how the dependencies are configured.

Does the var/config/client_artifact_aliases.properties help me in any way? I
already tried to substitute the old jar with the new one but it seems to
work only for system modules and not for jars that are deployed in the
common libs section of the frontend.

Thank you,

Mark

Re: update geronimo mail configuration from geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2 to 1.4_mail-1.5-SNAPSHOT

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Apr 23, 2008, at 10:22 AM, maho77 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday I have posted a problem with Messages in the geronimo
> javamail
> package 1.4-1.2. In the meantime I build version 1.4-1.5-SNAPSHOT
> from the
> svn trunk. How can I tell my geronimo2.0.2 to use the newer version
> instead
> of the 1.2?
>
> I tried to rename the old jar in the 1.2 repository folder, put in
> the new
> version and rename it that it has the name of the old jar. After a
> server
> restart it worked without any exceptions. The same worked with the sun
> implementation.
> But I don't like this way.
>
> What is the official way to change such a configuration in Geronimo?
> I know
> there are dependency to other packages (geronimo.config/jee-specs and
> geronimo.config/activation) But I didn't found any deployment plans
> for them
> to see how the dependencies are configured.
>
> Does the var/config/client_artifact_aliases.properties help me in
> any way? I
> already tried to substitute the old jar with the new one but it
> seems to
> work only for system modules and not for jars that are deployed in the
> common libs section of the frontend.

I tried to improve the instructions on this stuff here:  http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/How+to+upgrade+Jars+and+swap+modules

There should be a ".html" way to get here but I can't find it.

If there are bits I missed or this is unclear please let us know.

thanks
david jencks