Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com> on 2007/04/20 18:51:33 UTC

[MSVC 7.1] ".obj" in source filenames

  The MSVC 7.1 do not link the projects with project name or source
filename containing
".obj" (i.e. 20.function.objects.cpp).

  This bug is not a bug of the compiler or linker.

  I have created feedback on MS web page
(https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/Vote.aspx?FeedbackI
D=272273)
and corresponding KIRA issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-398).

  I propose to rename 20.function.objects.cpp to 20.functors.cpp. Any
suggestions?

Farid.

RE: [MSVC 7.1] ".obj" in source filenames

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

  Definitely, somewhere in IDE.

> >   I propose to rename 20.function.objects.cpp to
> 20.functors.cpp. Any
> > suggestions?
>
> I guess we'll have to do what we have to do, but before we
> change any file name(s) (which are meant to correspond to the
> sections in the standard) I'd like us to be sure there isn't
> a better solution or workaround.

  I'll try to find a workaround.

Posted by Martin Sebor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   The MSVC 7.1 do not link the projects with project name or source
> filename containing
> ".obj" (i.e. 20.function.objects.cpp).
>
>   This bug is not a bug of the compiler or linker.

So where is it? In the IDE?

>   I have created feedback on MS web page
> (https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/Vote.aspx?FeedbackI
> D=272273)
> and corresponding KIRA issue
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-398).
>
>   I propose to rename 20.function.objects.cpp to 20.functors.cpp. Any
> suggestions?

I guess we'll have to do what we have to do, but before we change
any file name(s) (which are meant to correspond to the sections in
the standard) I'd like us to be sure there isn't a better solution
or workaround.

Martin