Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 11:57:43 UTC

Bloodhound status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2012" by GaryMartin)

Hi,

Thanks for the report, Bloodhound!

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
> + Since our last report Bloodhound has had its first release, version 0.1.0-RC1.

Congratulations for the release. I hope you'll find a good solution to
the mentioned technical glitch.

> + The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation are:
> +
> + 1. Improve community diversity
> + 2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
> + 3. Establish a frequent release cycle

Sounds like you're on a good track.

Do you have a rough idea of how close you are to graduation in terms
of community diversity and activity? A brief look at list archives and
commit logs shows fairly active discussions (both on the list and on
the issue tracker) but not too many people actively committing stuff
yet.

I categorized Bloodhound under "Low diversity" for now based on the
graduation issues you reported. I'm looking forward to seeing you
become ready to graduate within the next quarter or two.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Bloodhound status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2012" by GaryMartin)

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Thanks for that.

It looks like the suggestion I made in
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-bloodhound-dev/201208.mbox/%3C503CB6A5.2080500%40wandisco.com%3E
was far off then. I appear only to have missed the incubation disclaimer.

I will add that and send it in a couple of minutes. I will also add
general@incubator to the list of recipients as that appears common.

Cheers,
     Gary

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/12, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2012 5:58 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> We hope that a public release will attract people. We made one, but it is
> hampered by the external site's downtime.

jftr afaics t-h.o is back to normal , and should be working now

[...]

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Bloodhound status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2012" by GaryMartin)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 13, 2012 5:58 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you have a rough idea of how close you are to graduation in terms
> of community diversity and activity? A brief look at list archives and
> commit logs shows fairly active discussions (both on the list and on
> the issue tracker) but not too many people actively committing stuff
> yet.

Correct. Great activity, but pretty concentrated.

> I categorized Bloodhound under "Low diversity" for now based on the

This is appropriate.

We hope that a public release will attract people. We made one, but it is
hampered by the external site's downtime. If we can figure that out, then
we can announce a release (we made the rel, but did not announce).

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.