Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by chenzefeng <ch...@ymt360.com> on 2019/09/29 01:45:15 UTC

Is there any plan to use flutter as render?

Hi all:
I have use weex in production for 2 years, one of  the best things I love about  weex is that it can build nice cross-platform ui.

Weex sdk does a lot of works to unify the appearance and interactions between different platforms, but always, components ui cannot be 100% identical , or sometimes the adapting codes make a component unpredictable in an edge situation.
I think use flutter as render is a good solution.
1、Great promotion in UI consistency.This could promote weex developing experience a lot.
2、Unify renders in Weex sdk of different platforms, so that  weex team can focus on one render, not adapting two different ones.
I think flutter as render is a trend that cannot be ignored, and some blogs mention that there are tech teams(wechat、metuan etc.)  doing very similar things.

So, is flutter in our plan?

Every discussion is welcomed, not just answer.

Re: Is there any plan to use flutter as render?

Posted by York Shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your interesting.

First of all, I think Flutter is a great project with some limitation.(e.g. how to embed a pre-built native UI library into flutter, like videoView in live video streaming, imageView in image library) and I am also interested in Flutter similar approach. But at current stage, we are trying our best to solve graduation block issues [1] , which means Flutter related approach is not priority for now. But if you have more detail of your plan or MVP(minimum viable product), I’d like to have a look with you and see what we can do together to make things happen.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/NJNiBw

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远