Posted to user@struts.apache.org by punter <p_...@rediffmail.com> on 2016/02/09 05:31:02 UTC

Maximum possible value of constant struts.multipart.maxSize in Struts 2.1.8 and Struts 2.3.24

Hi,
Can I set the constant struts.multipart.maxSize (in struts.xml) to a value greater than 2GB?Reference link for 2GB limit: &nbsp;https://struts.apache.org/docs/handling-file-uploads.html

Also what is the maximum limit for this constant in Struts because setting this value to a value greater than 2GB&nbsp;works for my project in both Struts version 2.1.8 and 2.3.24.I can easily upload greater than 2GB files by tuning this constant.
Please let me know the maximum value for this&nbsp;struts.multipart.maxSize&nbsp;,both in Struts 2.1.8 and Struts 2.3.24.
Thanks

Re: Maximum possible value of constant struts.multipart.maxSize in Struts 2.1.8 and Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> Hi,
> Can I set the constant struts.multipart.maxSize (in struts.xml) to a
> value greater than 2GB?Reference link for 2GB limit: &nbsp;https://
> struts.apache.org/docs/handling-file-uploads.html
>
> Also what is the maximum limit for this constant in Struts because
> setting this value to a value greater than 2GB&nbsp;works for my
> project in both Struts version 2.1.8 and 2.3.24.I can easily upload
> greater than 2GB files by tuning this constant.
> Please let me know the maximum value for
> this&nbsp;struts.multipart.maxSize&nbsp;,both in Struts 2.1.8 and
> Struts 2.3.24.
> Thanks

Hi,

I don't think that struts itself has a limit for this constant. The max
size of uploaded files might be limited by other components like
application server, (reverse-)proxies, filesystem or browser.

Regards,
Christoph