Posted to small-events-discuss@apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2012/02/01 19:37:49 UTC

Re: Apache Community building event in Colombo

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Sagara Gunathunga wrote:
> With few local committers I'm planning to have a Apache community
> building event in Colombo (Sri Lanka) somewhere around next month. Still
> I'm not sure whether we could brand this event as a Bar Camp because
> this event mainly not targeting existing members of Apache projects
> instead new people ( can be developers, students etc) who have desire on
> contributing on Apache projects.

Do you have a mailing list set up yet for organising? If you do, we can
hopefully get a few people who've organised previous small events to join,
to offer advice and mentoring from their experiences.

Nick

Re: Apache Community building event in Colombo

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
I have created a google group and added initial members. Please feel free
join yourself here http://groups.google.com/group/apache-event-lk?hl=en

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog      - http://ssagara.blogspot.com
Web      - http://people.apache.org/~sagara/

Re: Apache Community building event in Colombo

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.