Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Masoud Kalali <ma...@secretshouse.com> on 2004/08/12 06:06:34 UTC

Struts - passing unicode parameter from jsp to action

hi friends,  i have problem with sending unicode parameter to my action
from jsp page
I  use post for sending parameter to action
and also add
(request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
to my action before reading parameter from it , also i add two
difinition on my jsp page <%request.setcharacterEncoding("UTF-8");%>
and <meta .../> which both of them set content and encoding of my jsp
pages to utf-8 but i istill could not use my parameter , thier encoding
seems to be " ISO  Latin-1 " . while i type unicode characters in my
text are at jsp page.
I use Websphere as APPS , is it a problem of Websphere?
or i should make some changes?

Re: Struts - passing unicode parameter from jsp to action

Posted by Masoud Kalali <ma...@secretshouse.com>.
Pavel Kolesnikov wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Masoud Kalali wrote:
>

>>I  use post for sending parameter to action and also add
>>(request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
>>to my action before reading parameter from it , also i add two
>>

>You should better call request.setCharacterEncoding() in
>a filter or overriden ActionServlet's method process().
>
>Request parameters are read when ActionServlet prepares form
>instances - it happens before your Action is called.
>

>>difinition on my jsp page <%request.setcharacterEncoding("UTF-8");%>
>>

>I think you have no reason to put this call in your JSP.
>
>Pavel

hi
thank you for your post.
I test what you said , for creating a filter and apply it on web.xml ,
but still i could not get parameter in utf-8 and those are in ISO
Latin-1 encoding , could you post the filter you mean here?
is it possible that WAS does not support UTF-8 parameter?
thank you

Re: Struts - passing unicode parameter from jsp to action

Posted by Pavel Kolesnikov <k...@les.cz>.