Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2010/06/01 21:47:03 UTC

Fw: Dojo tree 1.4

Forwarded again :(

This time I removed the links and replaced them by tinylinks

Jacques

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I'd have to agree, I still feel pretty strongly that we should only have one javascript library in OFBiz.

I've used this tree before on top of prototype: http://weblog.axent.pl/examples/js.drag-drop-tree/
I'm not sure how it compares feature-wise to the dojo tree but I found it met my needs just fine and didn't require any strange html layouts or non-compliant xhtml attributes like dojo does.

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Dojo tree 1.4

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Anil,

Any other opinions? I have no problems to use both, or even JQuery. But I must say that I have never used prototype based UI
components.
Could you elaborate Anil, why your choices, what are the reasons? Have you already selected some prototype based UI components? Is
there something which could replace the Dojo tree? I don't like much the idea of external plugins that could not be supported in
time :/

Jacques

From: "Anil Patel" <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Dojo tree 1.4

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Fw: Dojo tree 1.4

Posted by Sascha Rodekamp <sa...@googlemail.com>.
Hey Guys,
for me it doesn't matter if i extend the UI with Prototype or Dojo both
libraries have it's advantages (and disadvantages).
Maybe we could think of updating Prototype to Version 1.7_RC2 or updating
Dojo to 1.4.
Jep Anil i prefere JQuery, too. But we can' use all these libraries at the
same time (i tested a few days ago and you will get a lot of problems
regarding to equal method defintions and so on) and in my opinion it's to
much work to replace all JavaScript Sources which are based on Dojo or
prototype with JQuery.

So i had a lock at the new Dojo and i'm with Jacques to upgrade the library
and use the new Widgets for our UI (like the tree).

Cheers
Sascha

--
http://www.lynx.de