Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Tony Elmore <te...@insightbb.com> on 2006/10/16 18:22:16 UTC

MySql Connection problem

Hello.

I've been working with SQL Server and I've been able to execute just
fine.  I am now wanting to connect to a MySql DB.

So I installed the MySql Connector 1.0.7 and enabled the provider in the
provider.config and changed the specified provider in the SqlMap.config
file (as well as my connection string values in properties.config).

However, when I attempt to perform a select statement, I receive the
following error:

'Unable to connect to any of the specified MySql hosts.  No such host is
known'.

The only oddity in the installation is that I've used a different port
than the default.  I've tried localhost:port and port=xxxx in the
connection string.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony