Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/08/05 18:52:25 UTC

JavaFX 12

Hi,
Trying to build a JavaFX project with Netbeans 12.0 IDE, using the online documentation Getting Started with JavaFX

|  |
Getting Started with JavaFX

Getting started with JavaFX for Java desktop application development

In step 3 of this page, adding the JavaFX12 to the library, I don't seem to locate such a library from the dropdown list. Please help.
Thanks

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for those links, Scott.

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 15:32, Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> wrote:
> If you take a look at <projdir>/nbactions.xml (or similarly in NB "proj
>  > properties > actions) there's run and debug. Notice the "clean". I'm
> guessing you don't need to do the clean/build because that is implicit
> in the run/debug.
>
> I don't know about the Shift-F6 binding for maven projects...

That's Run file via main() in the Maven actions.

I assume it's probably possible to set that up similarly to run
project, but to pass the main class to the JavaFX plugin instead?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
On 8/10/2020 5:51 AM, HRH wrote:
> Bad habits got me in trouble. I am used to using Shift-F6 on each main
> class and that's why led to the problem. I used the Run->Set Main
> project, then chose Clean and Build Main project and finally Run ->
> Run Main Project. It works great now.

If you take a look at <projdir>/nbactions.xml (or similarly in NB "proj
 > properties > actions) there's run and debug. Notice the "clean". I'm
guessing you don't need to do the clean/build because that is implicit
in the run/debug.

I don't know about the Shift-F6 binding for maven projects...

-ernie

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
[...]

On 10 Aug 2020, at 12:55, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
Chuck,Thanks for the prompt response. During the installation and initial setup, I changed the artifact versions per instructions given byGetting Started with JavaFX

|  |

Re: JavaFX 12

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.

Thanks for the prompt response. During the installation and initial setup, I changed the artifact versions per instructions given by Getting Started with JavaFX<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fopenjfx.io%2Fopenjfx-docs%2F%23introduction&data=02%7C01%7CChris.Luff%40cerner.com%7Cb5a0694a339a43ccb89608d83d244336%7Cfbc493a80d244454a815f4ca58e8c09d%7C0%7C1%7C637326573244715711&sdata=hkygr0Ax673mZ27n0%2BrmTsG08kepLw2%2FJe2xxfQTLVQ%3D&reserved=0>

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
You'll also have to update the plugins.  i.e. change the compiler plugin to
3.8.1 and any others that have a newer version available.  Following
section of my POM.

            <plugin>
                <version>3.8.1</version>
                <configuration>
                    <release>13</release>
                    <debug>false</debug>
                    <showDeprecation>true</showDeprecation>
                </configuration>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.ow2.asm</groupId>
                        <artifactId>asm</artifactId>
                        <version>7.0</version> <!-- Use newer version of
ASM -->
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>3.1.1</version>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>3.0.1</version>
                <configuration>
                    <failOnError>false</failOnError>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Re: JavaFX 12

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
[...]

    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.execute (DefaultExecutor.java:166)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:764)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.executeCommandLine (ExecMojo.java:711)
    at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecMojo.execute (ExecMojo.java:289)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo (DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:137)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:210)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:156)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute (MojoExecutor.java:148)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:117)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject (LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:81)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build (SingleThreadedBuilder.java:56)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute (LifecycleStarter.java:128)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:305)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute (DefaultMaven.java:192)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute (DefaultMaven.java:105)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute (MavenCli.java:957)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain (MavenCli.java:289)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main (MavenCli.java:193)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:564)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced (Launcher.java:282)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch (Launcher.java:225)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode (Launcher.java:406)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:347)
BUILD FAILURE
Total time:  5.034 s
Finished at: 2020-08-10T14:49:10+04:30
Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.5.0:exec (default-cli) on project Mavenbasedlearningfx: Command execution failed.: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

    On Thursday, August 6, 2020, 9:05:32 AM GMT+4:30, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Thank you, using JavaWithMaven worked.

    On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 11:40:52 PM GMT+4:30, Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> wrote:

 The easiest way to run jfx with NetBeans is through maven. In NetBeans
you can do

    NewProject.. > JavaWithMaven > "Simpe JavaFX Maven Archetype"

(or the FXML one if that's what you're after)

This gives you a simple project that you can run and debug.

-ernie

Re: JavaFX 12

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Hi,