Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk> on 2013/02/13 15:16:15 UTC

how to set body clipped length on traceer using jmx

hi

I have turned tracing on using jmx. Set tracing to true on the Route.

The trace body however is clipped after 1000 chars

In the log -> [Body clipped after 1000 chars, total length is 3253]]

How can I change that using jmx so I get the full trace payload ?

Best
Preben

Re: how to set body clipped length on traceer using jmx

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Preben.Asmussen <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> that would have been really useful for troubleshooting .
>  Maybe a place for a enhancement ?

Yeah feel free to log a JIRA.
And as always we love contributions.

I suggest to add a operation to the CamelContextMBean which can set /
get a property from the properties on CamelContext.
Maybe something a like:

Object getProperty(String name);
void setProperty(String name, Object value);

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: how to set body clipped length on traceer using jmx

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Preben.Asmussen <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> But is it also possible to change this at runtime using jmx in the same way
> you can turn tracing on off ?

No this is not possible.

Well you can change the value on the getProperties on the CamelContext
at runtime. But there is no JMX API for that.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Preben.Asmussen <pr...@dr.dk> wrote:
> hi
>
> I have turned tracing on using jmx. Set tracing to true on the Route.
>
> The trace body however is clipped after 1000 chars
>
> In the log -> [Body clipped after 1000 chars, total length is 3253]]
>
> How can I change that using jmx so I get the full trace payload ?

Yeah usually with Camel there is an option for that :)
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-set-the-max-chars-when-debug-logging-messages-in-camel.html

> Best
> Preben

Claus Ibsen