Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Dingman <ry...@plainsilly.com> on 2002/11/02 22:57:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Building Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared modules

I've been trying to build Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared
modules.  I used the following to configure the build:

./configure --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=most

This seems to configure the desired set of modules to build as shared
objects.  Running "make" succeeds without incident.  After running
"make install" the "modules" directory contains files like
"mod_rewrite.la" (which is a plain text file and appears to be a
libtool library file) rather than containing a shared object file
(mod_rewrite.so).  Examining the modules build directory doesn't reveal
a .so for any of the built modules.  The Apache build documentation and
a Google search didn't come up with anything relating to this problem.

ryan

Re: [users@httpd] [Solved] Building Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared modules

Posted by Ryan Dingman <ry...@plainsilly.com>.
Thanks, Aaron.  Running buildconf worked wonderfully.  Thanks for the
help.

ryan

Re: [users@httpd] Building Apache 2.0.43 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 with shared modules

Posted by Aaron Faby <my...@serverlogistics.com>.
The 2.0.43 sources are distributed with an older version of libtool
that is broken on Mac OS X. You can get around this by running the
buildconf script at the top level of the source tree. This will
rebuild the libtool script with the hints necessary to build bundles,
which is the format necessary for httpd modules on Mac OS X.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Aaron Faby