Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Allen, Daniel" <Da...@kbcfp.com> on 2008/04/01 19:50:48 UTC

Scope of action messages?

Hi, all.

I'm trying to display a message to the user to confirm that a new user
was created, basic par-for-the-course concept. However, I'm finding that
my <s:actionmessage/> tag doesn't render to anything. The first thing I
thought of was that my result for the user creation is an
action-redirect, so by the time we get to the JSP that shows action
messages, another whole action has executed. Do action messages have a
limited scope, i.e. are they being lost because we started a new action?

Thanks,
Dan Allen

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to an unintended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, not those of any entity within the KBC Financial Products group of companies (together referred to as "KBC FP").

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is", without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past performance is not indicative of future returns.

RE: Scope of action messages?

Posted by "Allen, Daniel" <Da...@kbcfp.com>.
Oh. Yeah, that one looks a lot more immediately applicable. :)

Thanks!
~DVA

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.

RE: Scope of action messages?