Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@JameSmith.Com> on 2000/04/03 07:13:14 UTC

Re: Segfault on DBI->Connect

Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> wrote:
>On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Valter Mazzola wrote:
>
>> i've a mod_perl script that connect to a mysql db, but sometimes it segfault
>> on DBI->connect. i'm using Apache::Registry & Apache::DBI for persistend db
>> connection, use strict and the script it's a package. i've read the docs but
>> probably i'm missing something.
>
>if you could provide info the SUPPORT doc asks for (including stacktrace),
>that would help.

Definitely.  I remember running into something like this before.
I searched the list archives, but couldn't find it -- reminds me
to make the subject meaningful :)

If I remember correctly, this was a problem that could be traced
to the DBD::mysql module.  Specifically, the DBD::mysql::db::_login
call (lines 104-160 of DBD/mysql.pm).  But it's been at least half
a year since then, so take this as a rough guide as to where you
might want to look.
James Smith - jgsmith@jamesmith.com | http://www.jamesmith.com/
            jsmith@sourcegarden.org | http://sourcegarden.org/
              jgsmith@tamu.edu      | http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/