Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2011/09/16 04:00:46 UTC

outputting expression logic

Hi All,

I have this expression in a component definition...

<t:label for = "tableColumnsSelect">    ${cursor} + 1    </t:label>

For my case cursor is initially 0

After render... I view page source and I see the following...

0 + 1

when what I actually wanted to see is... the sum of the expression and the value rendered...

1

Any tips on how i can do this ? Is there an arithmetic or expression operator that I can prefix before my "${cursor} + 1" ?

Thanks

Re: outputting expression logic

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.
Some call it clutter, I call it refactor safe!

A problem I often saw with T4 is people tended to push as much logic
as they could into the .tml - with the pain they encountered
afterwards, I wondered why they didn't just stick to JSPs?!

And

<t:outputRaw value="    (${cursor} + 1)    "/>

does nothing more than

${cursor} + 1

as all outputRaw does is evaluate your expression and write out as
raw, un-escaped HTML.

Steve.

RE: outputting expression logic

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
So far I have to clutter up my component with this...... wish I could just do it in the tml like ognl as-is in t-4.1.2
not interested in chenelle

    @Persist("session")
    @Property
    private int cursorStartPosition;

    @Persist("session")
    @Property
    private int cursorEndPosition;

    @Persist("session")
    @Property
    private int collectionSize;

    @BeginRender
    public void beginRender()
    {
        itemsPerPage = 50;
        tableColumns = 3;

        /**
         *  auto paging metrics
         */
        cursorStartPosition = cursor + 1;

        cursorEndPosition = cursor + (collection == null ? 0 : java.lang.Math.min(collection.size(), itemsPerPage));

        collectionSize = (collection == null ? 0 : collection.size());
    }

kcolassi@live.com

From: kcolassi@live.com
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: RE: outputting expression logic
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:53:18 -0400

I guess I am asking for an ognl engine... to do these calculations within tml files

be nice if there were an expression operator in T5 to do these...

guess I will have to make a java method...

any solutions or canonical approach are appreciated...

kcolassi@live.com

From: kcolassi@live.com
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:47:03 -0400

<t:outputRaw value="    (${cursor} + 1)    "/>

this seems to produce "0 + 1" instead of the desired "1"

all i am trying to do is have the arithmetic performed before the output

thanks
kcolassi@live.com

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Tapestry property expressions do not support arithmetic operations. See

http://tapestry.apache.org/property-expressions.html

for complete list of operations supported

--
Regards

Taha Hafeez Siddiqi (tawus)
http://tawus.wordpress.com