Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Pankaj Misra <pa...@impetus.co.in> on 2013/05/07 16:16:03 UTC

Kafka C++ Sync Producer on Windows

Hi All,

I am using Kafka 0.7.2. I was able to run the async example of the C++ producer on Windows using the code listed at
https://github.com/kafka-dev/kafka/blob/master/clients/cpp/src/producer.cpp

But as I understand, the C++ async producer does not have the fail-over mechanisms of buffering the messages and retrying the transmission of messages like the Java producer has in async mode.

To have a better control on the failure detection and to be able to retry sending the data, I wanted to change the C++ producer to be a sync producer. A sync write will provide me ability to detect failures for every batch of message written to the socket, and relay the buffered messages to alternate brokers.

Requesting your guidance for the same, as I am not very familiar with the underlying libraries usage for sync and async connections used by the C++ Kafka producer client.

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Misra

Re: Kafka C++ Sync Producer on Windows

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Pankaj,

The non-java client code is maintained separately. You can submit a pull
request directly to the client project to make changes.

Thanks,

Jun