Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Legger Federica <Fe...@TILAB.COM> on 2001/05/23 11:41:15 UTC

cocoon and authentication

Hi,
sorry if this seems a little bit OT...
I was looking for a framework to bind users to different types of services,
which I need to integrate with Cocoon. I took a look to auth taglib,and it
looked fine to me, except that I would like something a little more general.
I mean, something that can be reused even without cocoon. Did I make sense?
Does any of you know of such a framework?
TIA
Federica Legger

Re: cocoon and authentication

Posted by Drasko Kokic <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Context based Security is what you are looking for.
Tomcat 3.2.1 implements it through the
RequestIntercepters framework.  The only thing you
need to do within a protected page is to obtain an
user id via getUser() method

HTH
Drasko

--- Matteo Colombo <mt...@komodo.ing.unico.it>