Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Abhilash L L <ab...@infoworks.io> on 2015/10/25 19:49:16 UTC

Issue with stale cube desc in Cuboid.java

Hello,

    We create cubes on the fly and we recreate the cube in certain cases
with the same cube name.

    In Cuboid.java there is a cuboid cache based on the cube name.

     If we create a cube with some description and then we drop the cube
and create it with a different description, it will still get the stale
cache from the cuboid_cache and cause error while adding cubing jobs in
CubingJobBuilder.

     If I restart kylin, we are able to go through with the build since the
stale desc is not there anymore. We should be removing from the cache if
the cube is dropped.

     We are on Kylin 0.7.2

Regards,
Abhilash

Re: Issue with stale cube desc in Cuboid.java

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Before the upgrade, I suggest you take a backup of the metadata table,
either by "./bin/metastore.sh backup", or use hbase snapshot command.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Issue with stale cube desc in Cuboid.java

Posted by Abhilash L L <ab...@infoworks.io>.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Issue with stale cube desc in Cuboid.java

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.