Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Abhijit Petkar <ap...@webifyservices.com> on 2004/03/08 14:35:19 UTC

Calling javascript method with a dynamic param

Hi All,

This is an issue related to Javascript usage in Tapestry.

I want to call a javascript function with a parameter from a tapestry page.
This parameter is dynamic and comes thru the backend.

<script language="Javascript">
     function getErrorText(text){
          document.forms[0].ErrorText.value=text;
     }
</script>

onFocus="getErrorText('<span jwcid="@InsertText"
value="ognl:parentBean.childBeanMap[@blah.blah.IConstants@Str1].errorText"/>
')"

This doesn't work properly due to the nested usage of double quotes (").

Any idea(s) how to achieve this?

- Abhijit

Re: Calling javascript method with a dynamic param

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Or use a CDATA section in the .page file:

   <binding name="value">
     .... expression ...
   </binding>

This helps a lot with messy quoting issues.

	Erik

Posted by Jim Menard <ji...@io.com>.
Abhijit,