Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/27 14:59:01 UTC

[M2] Creating client jar

I am building a client server project. A handful of interfaces need to
be distrubuted to the client. At the moment we use an ant script for
this.

I would like to include this in the maven build process of the server
component. So I want to jar up a selection of .class files and publish
this to our repository so the client-side developers can pick it up in
their build process.

Any ideas / suggestions?

--
Cheers,
Kees de Kooter

Re: [M2] Creating client jar

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 2/27/06, Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am building a client server project. A handful of interfaces need to
> be distrubuted to the client. At the moment we use an ant script for
> this.
>
> I would like to include this in the maven build process of the server
> component. So I want to jar up a selection of .class files and publish
> this to our repository so the client-side developers can pick it up in
> their build process.

The proper way to do this would be a "client" project, which emits a
"client" jar file. The server project could then use the "client"
project as a dependency.

If the "client" is more than simply those interfaces, use a "common"
project, on which both client and server depend.

Jochen

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the
majority, it is time to pause and reflect.