Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Philippe MOUAWAD <ph...@effix.fr> on 2000/06/23 17:46:50 UTC

BUG in validation

There's a bug in your parser.
When I try
SAXCount -v bug.xml

It says there are 3 elements.
But this XML file is not well-formed.

It's not a bug in SAXCount but in the parser itself or in the init of it.
When I try the same file with jaxp parser it detects the bug.

Thanks
Phil

(See attached file: bug.xml)(See attached file: bug.dtd)

Re: BUG in validation

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Philippe MOUAWAD wrote:
> It says there are 3 elements.
> But this XML file is not well-formed.

Your document is NOT valid but IS well-formed. Regardless, there was
a bug in the simple content model (the model that handles validation
for simple things: a; a?; a+; a*; a,b; a|b) when it was validating
simple sequences. I have fixed this bug and the change is in CVS.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: BUG in validation

Posted by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com>.
/ "Philippe MOUAWAD" <ph...@effix.fr> was heard to say:
| It says there are 3 elements.
| But this XML file is not well-formed.

The XML document is well-formed and contains three elements,
BUG, TOTO, and TITI.

| It's not a bug in SAXCount but in the parser itself or in the init of it.
| When I try the same file with jaxp parser it detects the bug.

The jaxp parser must have validation turned on. If you turn on validation
in SAXcount, you'll get the same result, I'm sure.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com> | Great men too make mistakes, and many