Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Friso De Jonge <fr...@logicacmg.com> on 2003/04/04 10:03:35 UTC

general question

Hi,

I am trying to integrate cactus into our development, but i have some
questions whether it can be used successfully in our
development. First of all, it does seem to work fine with junit tests in
there, testing simple classes and servlets. I guess even
the strutstestcase can work. However if i read the documentation it says
that you cannot do any chaining of requests, reasoning
that cactus is written for unit testing and not functional testing.
We are currently using httpunit-only tests to do chaining and to do all
usefull tests. I do agree you can integrate httpunit into the
cactus-junit tests but that will be only in the endXXX() methods.
My question is, how do you access multiple pages on a site which is password
protected and which depends on roles ?

thanks,
friso

RE: general question

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi,

The Eclipse plugin is not released yet but it is available as part of
the nightly build. We are encouraging people to start using it so that
we can get feedback. You can get here:
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-cactus/nightly/ (use the latest
nightly build available).

To install/use it, follow the instructions on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/eclipse/index.html. Again
please tell us if you can documentation errors or missing information.

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: general question

Posted by Ranjith Chandran <ra...@hpsglobal.com>.